Write Your Book with Dr Rie – in 7 easy steps
- You can be seen as an expert in your field…
- You can have maximum credibility in your business…
- You can share your knowledge with the world…
…If you write a book!
Module 1- Why write a book?
Module 2- The secrets of good preparation
Module 3- 9 ways to research – step by step
Module 4- Structure your book the easy way
Module 5- Writing your book day by day
Module 6- Editing – insider information
Module 7- Polishing for the Professional Book
Module 8- Publishing your finished book
Tips and tricks for each module
Worksheets for the tips and tricks
8 marketing modules
Dr Rie Natalenko is an award-winning and published writer, copywriter, editor and proof-reader. She has a Masters and Doctorate in Writing, a Dip Ed, an Honours Masters in Education, and a Cert 4 in Training and Assessment.
Introduction (From the webinar)
Module 1- Why write a book?
- Why Write a Book?
- No more Excuses!
- What do I Write About?
- Who is My Audience?
- What to do NOW!
- Tips and Tricks module 1
Module 2- Step 1: The secrets of good preparation
- Prepare your writing space
- Prepare your attitude
- Prepare your computer
- Manage your time
- Prepare your family
- Prepare yourself
- Prepare your ideas
- Tips and Tricks module 2
Module 3- Step 2: 9 ways to research – step by step
- The research plan
- Note-taking strategies
- – and why they matter
- Research on the internet – general research
- Research on the internet – other resources
- Use other books online – in unusual ways
- Image resources
- Research from experts
- Research your audience
- Use interviews
- Tips and Tricks module 3
Module 4- Step 3: Structure your book the easy way
- Know where you are going
- Describe your book in one sentence
- Write a page about your book
- Outlines – 8 possibilities
- Important tips
- Tips and Tricks module 4
Module 5- Step 4: Writing your book day by day
- What about the title?
- What all writers need to understand
- Plan your calendar
- The daily routine
- There are many ways to work
- The myth of writers’ block
- The write order
- The conclusion
- The introduction
- Train your Dragon (and other transcription programs)
- Using a transcriber
- Graphics and charts
- Tips and Tricks module 5
Module 6- Step 5: Editing – insider information
- Editing is a process
- The title
- Chapter titles
- Step 1 – first draft to second draft (structure, impression)
- Step 2 – second draft to third draft (content)
- Step 3 – third draft to fourth draft (line editing)
- Tips and Tricks module 6
Module 7- Step 6: Polishing for the Professional Book
- Why Proofread?
- What does a proofreader do?
- The cover
- The blurb
- The foreword
- The preface
- The layout
- Tips and Tricks module 7
Module 8- Step 7: Publishing your finished book
- Traditional publishing vs Self publishing
- How do I choose?
- Kindle publishing
- What is an ISBN?
- The pitch letter to publishers and agents
- Tips and Tricks module 8
8 Marketing modules!